Thursday, December 21, 2017

Day 192--Fun Being Grandma!

Wilson and Kamille are here for their Christmas visit, and Eliza is saying all kinds of things. And doing all kinds of things. Her favorite is to look at pictures. I showed her which button to push to take selfies on the computer and she took 41! Here are a few of them.


After a while, Kamille started making faces in the background. Eliza had no idea.

She can say everyone's names too. I LOVE that! She likes to talk about us when we're out of the room or doing something. She hasn't said our names like she's talking directly to us yet. They only have 2 more days here. It's gone by so fast.

Obviously, we haven't been having school lately, but I got a couple new books to use for the rest of the year. I finally got Sam that Life of Fred Statistics book. It looks really terrific. Wilson has taken 2 stats classes at college and he says he only knows about half of what's in it. They did say it was a college book and there's more info in it than in most college stats classes. I guess they were right. It should be fun, and motivating for learning Algebra.

I also got the Little Norton Reader. Brave Writer added some essay prep classes recently and they're going to have students reading essays before they have to be expected to write them. I thought that was a fabulous idea, so we got the book they're using in the class so we can do some of that here.  Now I just have to figure out how I want us to talk about the essays. Do we just read them and discuss them as a reader or do we analyze form too? Probably just as a reader first and then maybe after we see how well the essay defended the author's view, we'll analyze form. I'm really excited!

See you next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment