Friday, September 29, 2017

Day 180--Field Trip


Yesterday was my birthday, and we spent the whole day playing around. We went to a state park nearby and looked for fossils in a rock bed that used to be under water years and years ago. Eliza Jayne would have loved it, because rocks are her favorite things. So we sent her this picture of the kids each holding a big rock for her. Sam looks like a giant at that angle!


Then we looked at some log cabins that were actually lived in by early settlers of the area. This is the oldest one they know about.



We found this big old kettle they used to cook in, and the kids thought it looked like a cauldron so they gathered around to make some evil brew.


It was completely perfect weather too. So relaxing. After that, we went and got my parents some treats for their 60th anniversary (which was also yesterday--isn't that cute?) We got my dad salt and pepper pistachio nuts and goat cheese for my mom. We hung around at their house for a while, and then came home and watched a movie. It was such a nice day.

Today, some of us had headaches and we didn't do much academically again. That's ok. Some days I just feel like I don't know what to do for school. It's like I have no idea what they need to learn or work on, and then the next week I'm full of ideas. I guess it's cyclical.

We get to spend this weekend watching General Conference. It's a worldwide conference for our church, where the leaders speak to us; and I love it! It actually started last Saturday night with a women's meeting. Then tomorrow (Sat 10/2), there are two sessions for everyone and one in the evening for the men. Then we get two more sessions on Sunday. They're two hours each. It's my favorite. I listen to the talks over and over while I jog on the trampoline each morning for the next 6 months until we have another conference.  

Here's a link in case you're interested in checking it out. 

See you next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment