Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Day 184

I came up with a new book idea. I don't even know how many books are floating around in my head now. Probably at least six. I wish I could stay up all night writing instead of sleeping, since I don't have much time during the day to work on any projects. Actually, it's what I do all day that has given me anything to write about anyway. So no complaining here. It might just take me a few more years to get to it. That's not too long.

We went on a little road trip to see Jeff's parents last weekend, and on the drive I got finished with my first run through of Rachel's book, Sencra's Fate. Now she's going through it looking at my notes. She says it's easier to edit with me though, because we can bounce ideas off of each other and come up with something better than either of us can doing it alone. I love that about editing. It does work better for us if I go through and make notes and then go back together to work things out. It's so satisfying. It's like you can feel it physically when you say something just right. Is that strange? It's true though.

I think Sam would like to work on statistics and then he'd be more interested in the algebra that would come up. He's so set on doing it the way everyone else does it. I'm not sure where he got that. Maybe it's because we don't do too much that's like everyone else. I'll have to talk to him some more about it.

His Comic Strip Capers Brave Writer class started this week. It looks like so much fun! I think I'll probably do the assignments with him. He gets to draw a character over the next couple days. I'd like Sarah to do the assignments too. She drew an amazing bird yesterday. We were looking at a bird book, and I decided we'd draw a tree swallow from a picture. Theirs were better than mine. Here's hers

I'd like to see Sarah try her hand at NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). She hasn't written much fiction, but it might be fun for her. She and the others started a murder mystery story a couple years ago, and she worked on finishing it on her own but never did. I think it would be fun for her to try this. You don't have to do 50,000 words; it can be as many as you want. It might be fun for me to try too, even though I kind of stink at fiction.

See you next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment