Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Day 71

We didn't spend too much time on the news today, like I thought we would. Well, I don't know if I really thought we would or not. It's kind of silly. I guess I feel like protesting the election of a president, while a right, is a little. . . I just can't find a word. We have elections, we get a new president, and we get over it. Close to half the people in the country usually don't get the president they wanted. This happens every election. We might complain and be disappointed or irritated, but do we really protest? What is going to happen exactly? Usually a protest begs for change. What's going to change? If high school kids are walking out of class or people are burning cars that belong to strangers, what then? So you're upset, so you don't like the president-elect, so you want it to be known. What then? Frankly, it's embarrassing. Ok, enough of that.

Last night, the kids had youth night at church; and they did some interesting things. Rachel and Sarah had a self-defense class. They didn't learn too many moves or anything, but the lady did a good job of sharing her experiences and helping them understand how important it is to take care of themselves. My girls would rather not practice moves on other people anyway, so I'm sure they were relieved. Sam had a CPR class. He got to practice on a dummy, and they even got to use the defibrillator! Well, it was a practice one so they couldn't get shocked. Pretty cool.

I've been dealing with a little medical issue this week, which has been distracting me quite a bit. Today I went to the doctor and found out I have to have a small procedure done to take care of it. I don't know when it will be--it needs to be as soon as possible! I guess I'll be distracted by it for several more days. I've never even heard of it before. I get the strangest things, and the whole family suffers. Well, maybe suffers is too strong a word. Boy do they learn! It's just not always school subjects.

Sarah has been helping Sam build a treehouse for a Lego competition today. I love it when they work together on a project, and I especially love it when one of them gets involved in the interests of another. Perfect school if you ask me. What better thing to learn and practice than to be connected to each other and work together, sharing ideas and collaborating?

See you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment