Thursday, November 10, 2016

Day 72


Sam and Sarah finished the Lego treehouse. What do you think? He submitted it for the competition right away. I'd love for him to win something. It's a pretty clever design.

Well, when I was giving Sam some math problems today, he said he really wants to do what Sarah's doing; so it's Pre-Algebra for him too. We don't have to be in a hurry. I think I'll have him figure out things mentally first and then hopefully he'll be able to see the logic of the procedures as we apply them.

Sarah thinks it'll be a month before she can remember how to solve for X when there's anything a little complicated about it. I'm sure it's going to click soon. In the meantime, I don't mind teaching it over and over. I like to look for different ways to explain things. There are so many ways with algebraic thinking though. She and Kamille were talking (texting) about it today and I saw where Sarah told Kamille that I have a gift when it comes to finding different ways to teach the same thing until it clicks. I have to admit, that made me feel good.

Rachel's whole world is about writing these days, because of the book editing and the college application essays. Oh, and she reads book after book after book. Maybe she's trying to read them all again before she leaves home. I remember when Wilson was probably in 6th through about 8th grade, we had to limit his reading to 5 hours a day. I'm not even exaggerating. That's pretty funny to me. I wish he had 5 minutes a day to read a book now. Maybe some day.

See you tomorrow!








No comments:

Post a Comment