Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Day 90

Well, we didn't get any school done today. We have a list of things we're trying to do before this weekend to be ready for Christmas, and those will have to be learning experiences I guess. We decided to go to the grocery before lunch today, and we thought we'd have school when we got home. But while we were there Sam started feeling bad. He got a headache, which only means one thing for him--he's sick. We hurried through, and we had a ton of stuff to get!

We got home, sat him on the couch with a blanket and some oranges and water; and by that time he was shivering. He didn't actually feel feverish for a while, but he's pretty hot now. He just went to bed, and I think I'll sleep in his room in Wilson's bed that's still there. Nobody ever gets a fever except Sam, and he always gets one. I guess it's better than it was; he used to throw up every time too. Wilson was that way growing up--always a fever, always throwing up.

So the kids didn't go caroling tonight, but it was too cold anyway. We all served Sam instead. I don't think going to help my mom tomorrow will happen either. Maybe if Sam felt terrific--which is possible, and maybe if it was summer. But I don't think I'm taking him out in the freezing cold. Hopefully Friday, since we canceled the plumber for Friday. We're thinking of something like Bath Fitters to fix the tub if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I really don't want to break apart that old cast iron tub!

I guess there's nothing more to tell.

See you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment