Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Day 92--They're here!

Wilson and Kamille and Eliza got here Saturday night late, and we didn't go to sleep until 3:30 that morning! I think we're still tired. After church, we went to my parents' and visited with them and some more family that came. Then Monday morning we got up and drove 4 hours to Jeff's parents. It's the first time any of them have ever met Eliza. Right now, the kids are taking turns playing piano and singing for Grandma Kay. It's her favorite thing. Always concerts when Grandma's around.

The kids had to drive the van here while Jeff and I had the little car. It was like an all day date. It was strange to get out of the car after getting here and see the kids getting out of another car. The baby has been so painfully cute! She really likes Kamille though, so it's hard for anyone else to hold her very long before she cries for Mommy. I guess it was bound to happen.

Some more family members are driving in tomorrow before we leave to go home, and then all my family will be at my parents' on Christmas Eve. Then on Christmas Day after church, we're going to make t-shirts for ourselves. We're going to get one for everyone and put "I'm the baby" on Eliza's and then everyone else's will have their relationship to her. Like "I'm the grandma" on mine and "I'm the daddy" on Wilson's etc. We thought we might put "I'm the awesome mommy" on Kamille's since Eliza's so attached to her--she must be really awesome! Well, I knew that.

See you next time!


2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you all. Enjoy your time with your family, especially that gorgeous granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you too! We are having so much fun! I hope you enjoy your holidays too.

    ReplyDelete