Thursday, December 29, 2016

Day 94--Small and Simple Things

Kamille decided to start a new
youtube channel called SmallAndSimpleThings. She made the cutest trailer for it. I asked her exactly what her videos would be like, but she said I'd have to watch and see. I guess she's starting it next week. I'm excited to have more videos of her and the baby to watch. I've been wanting to put more videos on my channel, but life has been so crazy lately. I think it's probably been 4 months or more. Here's Kamille's trailer.

I decided to award Rachel's required 1/2 credit of personal finance for what we've taught her so far just in life plus the things she's done lately. She has opened checking and savings accounts and set up online banking, and she set up an Etsy shop and an amazon self-publishing account. Now her biggest worry is finishing Geometry and Algebra 2 in the next 22 weeks. She'll have to pack it in a bit I think.

We went over to the old house today to put some metal cover plates on some electrical junction boxes in the basement. That only took a few minutes, and now I think all the rest of what's left to do will be done by other people. There's one electrical thing and the tub needs replaced. I think we're hoping to close around the 13th. It's strange each time we go there, to not be living there any more. There are things we miss like being close to a decent grocery store, and having extremely low house payments. I guess we can decide what to do after the sale is final--whether to keep renting or find a house to buy. But I do know the kids will be so relieved to stop going over there to work. It's crazy how much work it's been.

See you tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment