Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Day 147--Not to test

I decided to go with the teacher evaluation and not the testing! The kids are ecstatic. And I just love the assessor. I talked to her on the phone and she is so easy-going. She only wants two samples of work, and she's happy. I told her I wasn't sure how I felt about someone else having an opinion of what we've done, and she said she didn't have any opinion about it. I love that! I know that might not be best for everyone, but it works for me.

We have just two more days of school left, and it's almost impossible to do any "work" that looks like school. You know I don't need it to look like school at any time during the year, but it certainly doesn't look like that in May. Here's what it looked like today.

   

The van air filter needed changed, so they got some real-life skills with Dad today. Also, I had Sam go up on the pretty tall ladder and clean out the gutter. I think there's a picture of that too, but it's not on the computer, so you don't get to see it.

I've been thinking about what to do with this blog after I get to 200 days. Actually, I'm probably close to that for school; but since I didn't write every day, I'm only up to number 147. I might change the nature of the blog. Instead of just talking about our days, I might talk about some aspect of homeschooling. If I did that, it wouldn't be every day (which isn't too different). What do you think? Leave me a comment and tell me if you've enjoyed just hearing about what we do from day to day or if you'd like to have my opinions about homeschooling.

I will tell you that I'm working on a book about my philosophy of homeschooling--relaxed but not irresponsible. I have no idea how long that will take though. I'm really hoping I can get it out next year. I'm totally excited about it. But first I'm going to finish my book of writing project ideas. I also have one started about weaknesses. So many books, so little time!

See you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment