Monday, August 7, 2017

Day 164

Today we used an idea I've heard Julie Bogart and Rita Cevasco talk about. It was sticky notes. We started working on some opinion papers we're going to write this week by putting one thing each on sticky notes. We put the topic on one and then answered some questions from Help for High School to get ourselves thinking. We put our opinion, in brief, on one and then we put what the opposing opinion would be on another one. We drew a little too. It was fun. Tomorrow we'll have to decide what order to put them in for our papers and start coming up with sentences.

We read some more of Frankenstein today. I'm getting to the point that I just want to read it until it's finished. It seems like I get to that point in every book. I get more and more impatient for the outcome. Today, Frankenstein agreed to make a female for the monster in order to save his family from being killed by him. I never expected the monster to be able to speak so eloquently or so convincingly. It's a little creepy.

Sarah's reading Shakespeare Stealer right now, and she was saying she doesn't remember a lot of things from when we read it aloud together. I don't know how long it's been since we read it, but we must have done it fast. Whenever we read a book too fast, we can't remember details about it later. I guess Charlotte Mason was right. She said to read a book slowly so you can mull it over in between readings. I guess our brains must think about it even when we don't realize it.

Sam's making his way through The Scarlet Letter. He didn't want to read it at first because it's by Nathaniel Hawthorne. That's who wrote The House of Seven Gables, and he didn't care for that. He says nothing ever happened in it. That it was about the family sitting around breathing. He's kind of right, but I liked it anyway. He's finding The Scarlet Letter quite a bit more interesting though.

I started editing Rachel's sequel this weekend. Ooh it's going to be good! I told her she should try sending Becoming Sencra's Queen to an actual publisher and see what happens. I think she's going to look into that. So exciting!

See you next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment