Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Day 165--Locking the keys in the car!

Rachel locked the keys in the car tonight. Of course it had to be on the night when the other car is in the shop. She went to a young adult religion class about 25 minutes away and I like her to text us that she's gotten there. So she put her keys down and texted; then she got out and shut the door. Of course we always lock the car. She called us, and we called my niece who lives a few minutes away. But she didn't answer, so we called my parents who live 20 minutes away.

My dad said he'd come and let us use his car to go to where Rachel was, and my mom said we should make Rachel a spare set of keys for her purse. But guess what? We did! We all had forgotten that she has a spare with her all the time. So silly. We texted her in her class and told her to check her purse for the spare and go get the keys out of the car. Yay for planning ahead! I guess she won't be as likely to lock the keys in again; and if she does, she'll remember the spare.

We tried to organize our sticky notes today for our writing project, but I'm not sure it went well. I had put my opinion on one, like I said yesterday, but my opposing viewpoint one wasn't really opposing the thing I said. I had said that I think people should have porch swings because they are relaxing and the opposing point was that they're in the way, could get messed up by birds, and the weather wears them out. Rachel said it's ok because they were just reasons to have a swing or not to have one. I don't know. I'll have to think about it.

Sarah had to make a biological key today. She's learning how to classify organisms. She's studying Kingdom Protista. I think that's like algae. It was not easy! I told her she didn't have to do it this time (she had done one for bacteria in the last module), but she told me I discourage things that are hard. Can you imagine? I said that actually she does that because she complains so much that sometimes I just don't want to have her do it. I guess we both have something to work on! She did a pretty good job of making the key though. You have to come up with all these questions and depending on the answer you go to this or that question until you've figured out what phylum (or class, order, species, etc.) the organism is in.

We played tennis today. Sam and Jeff have gone a couple times without us, so Sam's getting better faster than me. It didn't work out too well for me today anyway, because I hurt my arm right away. It's been kind of hurting when I play lately. I'm not sure what I did, but it's a bummer. Also, there was a dead baby bird or something on the court and we were afraid the balls were going to hit it. It was incredibly nasty. Jeff found a piece of bark and a stick to get it with, and he threw it in the woods. I'm going to have to take some kind of disinfectant next time we go. It was just too gross.

See you next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment