Thursday, August 17, 2017

Day 169--Legos!

We've had a couple sick days this week. My headache didn't go away after falling asleep on the couch Monday, and Sam ended up with a fever by Tuesday evening. Today was really the first school day this week because of it all. Why is it so hard to do anything constructive after lying around feeling terrible?

Jeff started reading a book with the kids called Shipwreck at the Bottom of the World, I think. It's about an Antarctic explorer. It didn't start out as interesting to them as I had hoped, but I'm sure Jeff can make it better. I think if he just reads it to himself and talks about it like he likes to do, they'll want to at least look at it. Lead; don't push, right?

Sam bought himself a big Lego set from the Ninjago movie. It's a Mech Dragon. Of course it was almost impossible to concentrate on math because we interrupted the building of it. I could only hold him for so long. Good thing it was a review day and he didn't have to learn anything new. I think I would have had to changed plans if that had been the case.




We edited a pamphlet that we got from a company we bought some bulk food from. I was surprised how uncomfortable it was to read. I hope my teaching them to edit by using written material from companies doesn't cause them to be judgmental of others, but it really did need some work. I'm always looking for ways that labels and advertisements could be more clear. That'll come in handy soon, because I think we're going to try to make a product to sell and I'm going to have to write the label. I'll tell you about it a little later.

See you next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment