Thursday, August 10, 2017

Day 167

Another "vacation" day. We were going to go hiking today and take some amazing nature pictures, but we got lost! We were going to a place we've been several times, but we've only been there from our old house. We have to take a different way from here, and we never could find it. It was kind of ridiculous. So we ended up just going over near our old place to pick our car up from the shop. We have an honest and inexpensive mechanic there that we like, so it's worth the half-hour drive sometimes. Anyway, no pictures.

When we got home, we finished reading Frankenstein. It wasn't the most satisfying ending to a book that I've ever read, but it was ok. It was definitely well-written, though. After we got done, I looked for some words that were totally new to us and had the kids try to spell them. There were several words in the book that I've never seen before, so that was fun. I should go through it and make a list for us to look up.

We didn't do a lot of other things today. The kids took a walk or maybe they rode their bikes. Well, Rachel rides a scooter. The one we got for Wilson the first year he went away to college. It's the kind you stand on like a skateboard--not like a moped! It's fun.

We watched Arsenic and Old Lace before bed tonight. It's so funny, but I hope Jeff doesn't wake up thinking about it. He's so sensitive. Kind of like a little kid. He was awake thinking about a Hallmark murder mystery the other night. It wasn't even the most creepy one. Poor guy.

I asked for stories for my homeschool book today on a moms' forum I like. I'm looking for stories about just sitting there next to your child like I talked about the other day (Day 160). I think it's such a great concept. If you have any stories about modeling or just quietly being with your kids and it helped them get through a task, please put them in the comments or tell me you have a story and I'll get together with you to get it.

See you next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment