Monday, August 21, 2017

Day 170--Solar Eclipse!

Today all we did was watch the eclipse. It was very cool. We didn't have any viewing glasses, so we used the telescope. We aimed it at the sun and put a piece of paper by the eyepiece to project the image.







And the shadows were totally fun. I'm not sure the kids believed me when I told them they were going to be crescent-shaped. 


The shadow of my hair was crazy--all feathered out on the sides. Looked a little 70's to me!


I think Eliza Jayne liked the shadows too. I snatched this picture off Kamille's blog!


The kids also started going to Seminary today. That's an early-morning scripture study class for the high school kids in our church. I think I've mentioned it before. We have a really hard time with things early in the morning, but they're trying it. It starts at 6:00am so it can be before school for everyone. They got out of the house without waking us up, so that's a plus.

See you next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment