Monday, March 6, 2017

Day 123--SOLD!

We did it! We finally sold the house. It closed today--for real. I had my doubts right up until the buyers walked in. But we're actually finished. I'm so glad it sold before we had to start mowing the grass again. And it'll be nice not to have 5 toilets to scrub any more. The three toilets we're actually using are enough. The buyers were really happy too. They absolutely love the house. They think it looks like a doll house. Maybe that's because it's so small.

The closing was at 1:00 and we didn't get much school done before that. I'm still not exactly sure what the kids did while we were gone. They did make a yummy cherry crisp for lunch. I don't know what we'll do about making all the desserts we want after Rachel goes to college. I think she's just about decided to go away to the college she's been thinking about. It's very far from home. I'll be sad.

Tonight, we started sewing on a quilt top that I volunteered to make for a homeless shelter. Several women at church are making them, and then I guess someone else is going to put them together with the batting and the backs. Everyone took turns sewing. The boys have never used the sewing machine before. Jeff was good at it of course. It's like driving or flying an airplane and he's got both of those down. Well, maybe it's not really like that. Sam did a great job too, and he thought it was more fun than he expected. It's powerful to be able to use the sewing machine. I'd like to get each of the girls a machine and have them really learn it. I wonder if Kamille would learn to sew if I got her one. She doesn't do any sewing at all now. Maybe I'll ask her.

We also wrote everyone's assignments on the board for the week. Well, we wrote Rachel's for the rest of the year, Sarah's for the week, and Sam's for the day. I love homeschool. I can see what each of them needs and try to figure out how to give it to them.

See you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment