Monday, March 20, 2017

Day 128--It's Monday

Sam loved his campout! I guess he did a lot of scout stuff and maybe even made it to some rank. I know nothing about it. But he had a great time. He sure smelled like smoke when he got home though. I cannot stand the smell of campfire, indoors or outdoors. I can't seem to get rid of that awful smell. His metal thermos bottle even still smells like it after at least two washings. It's metal! How can that be? The laundry room still stinks too.

I finally made schedules for Sam and Sarah (with only 11 weeks of school left). I made Sam's for just one day and Sarah's for the week. I need to make a week's worth for Sam, so I don't have to do it every day. At least he knows just what he's supposed to do tomorrow. I hope Sarah remembers to spread her work out over the week so she doesn't get caught on Friday with an unreasonable amount left to do.

Rachel finally got started on her research today. I think she decided exactly what she's going to have her volunteers do as far as expressive freewriting to see how it affects their emotions. If any of you want to volunteer to do it for her, comment below. I think she's going to have each person fill out a chart about how much of certain emotions they felt each day for several days and then do the writing for something like four days and continue to fill the chart out to see if it makes a difference. It's supposed to really help. I can't wait to try.

Sarah started studying for her driver's permit. It's totally boring! Jeff took her out to the car and showed her a bunch of stuff about the pedals and controls and everything. I think she liked that better than studying the boring law book. The book is as confusing as they could possibly make it. They had this ridiculously long description of turning left from the left turn lane into the leftmost lane of the road you're turning into. It was completely confusing. She's got a week to study enough to get her permit, because Rachel has an appointment to get her license next Tuesday and we're doing it at the same time.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment