Friday, March 17, 2017

Day 127--Crazy Campout!

Sam is camping in the rain and cold tonight. It's a scout thing. When I dropped him off I told one of the leaders that I think only men would camp in weather like this. I'm not man-bashing; I think men are great, but you know any mom would have cancelled camping in the rain, sleet, hail, and nearly freezing weather. Well, we wouldn't have planned it for March would we? Sam's excited, but I just can't stand the thought of him out there. I know Rachel was probably right when she said, "You're thinking he must be miserable, but he's probably having a great time." But I can't stop being the mom.

I've been lying around on the couch all week with a migraine, so we haven't had much school. They've been reading books and taking care of me. I guess that's about it. Sarah started reading the book of laws so she can get her driving permit. Rachel's got an appointment to get her license a week from Tuesday. Neither one of them are excited about the test part. I also think Rachel doesn't want to just drive off with a stranger testing her. She gets nervous with any kind of test, and being alone with a stranger isn't her thing either.

We decided not to buy any house right now; we're just going to rent this one for another year. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a gas line and a new oven though. The owner of the house said he would split the cost of the line with us, and any house we do buy later probably won't have a gas oven anyway so I'd need to buy one. I just need the cooking to be easier than it has been for the last year and a half. I feel like we don't eat as well as we used to. The stores are further away, the fridge is a side by side that doesn't hold anything and the oven drives me nuts. I have a spare fridge in the garage, but something's wrong with the freezer part. Maybe I'll have that fixed and bring it in. If the owner doesn't mind his oven in the garage, maybe he won't mind his fridge out there too.

Jeff's been trying to get us to learn some swing dancing, which is pretty funny. So here's a little video of us trying to figure that out.


See you next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment