Monday, April 10, 2017

Day 138--Busy

It's nice to relax this evening after a busy day. First thing this morning, the plumber came and fixed a couple things I've been neglecting to tell the landlord. Just a couple slightly leaky faucets. He had to change the whole kitchen faucet. I was a little worried when he went to buy a new one that it would be one with a low spout. We have some very large pots and pans and I wouldn't want to go back to a low faucet. When we remodeled our kitchen a few years ago in the old house, we put in a high one and I have loved it ever since. The plumber got a high one, but I don't think it's quite as high as the old one. We'll see when I have to wash a giant pot.

While the plumber was here, we tried to do math; and that was a bust. I actually got angry at Sam because he kept saying I wouldn't tell him what he was supposed to do. I kind of got loud (while the plumber was out), and then I realized that Sam hasn't been understanding this thing I've been saying all year. He just had gotten the problems right because. . . well, I'm not sure how he got them right. I know I was helping him through a lot of them, but I didn't realize he just didn't know. I guess we have more work to do after all.

After lunch, we went to the hardware store where my dad works to get a couple things. His boss lets us buy things at cost like employees. She's the owner, so that's okay. We made Rachel a set of keys--house and car--since she has her license. Now I won't find my keys lying around near my purse, but not in it. We also got some play sand. I love my teenagers that still like to play in the sandbox. I think it's relaxing to run their hands through, and feet. I guess big people play on the beach, so that makes sense.

After seeing Dad at the hardware store, we went to their house to see if they needed any floors mopped or toilets scrubbed. They needed both, so we did that. Mom said we brightened her day too. She didn't know we were coming. She fell down recently and she's still a little sore, so I want to check on her a little bit, and I like surprising her by swooping in to do some work that's not easy for them to do. Sam dusted ceiling fans with a long handled ceiling fan duster. Next time he's going to scrub the one in the kitchen. The dust on that one was stubborn because of humidity in there.

Tonight, we made stir-fry vegetables and I sat on the deck watching everyone play frisbee. I also worked on my writing project book. I came up with a name for it that I love. I always have to name everything before I can do too much work on it. I actually have the names for several books I need to write.

I came up with seven categories of projects and made a list of the ideas that I have for each category so far. I was thinking I should have about the same number of projects for each in order to have some uniformity. So I counted the projects on each list, and there were seven on every one of them. So I guess I don't have to come up with any more to even it out; I just have to give some details and find samples of my kids' writing or write samples for them. I am totally excited about it. Aren't you?

See you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment