Saturday, April 1, 2017

Day 134--Our Anniversary

Yesterday was our 28th anniversary! Most people are surprised that I've been married that long. While I have started to look my age in the last several years, I got married at 18. So I'm a little young to be married 28 years. We made a nice dinner last night to celebrate, but we ate with the kids. We just didn't want to cook for us and them, since none of us can eat out because of allergies. But after dinner, the kids went to a party--Rachel drove them! So Jeff and I hung around the house for a little while. It was relaxing.

He's been taking Sarah out for driving lessons. Today they went on a road that has a 50 mph speed limit. She didn't go that fast, but I wasn't too happy about it. I don't think she's ready for that yet. There are a lot of 45 and 50 mile an hour speed limits around where we live now. When Rachel and Wilson learned to drive, we lived around a lot of 25 and 35 mile an hour limits. I liked that better. I guess we'll get through it, though.

Rachel's been driving Sarah and herself to an early morning scripture study class for high schoolers that our church has. It's called Seminary. They haven't been able to go before, because I couldn't get up that early to take them. It starts at 6:00 am. When I was in high school, my class started at 5:30! I had to wake up at 5:00 and leave 10 minutes later. Thankfully, their class is only 5 minutes away. They've been tired, but they like it a lot. They're studying the New Testament this year. Next year, Sam will be going since he'll be in 9th grade. Rachel's graduating, but she'll take them to Seminary so I don't have to wake up.

I can't remember if I told you that Rachel decided to stay home next year and not go to college yet. She'll take some online classes and help us start our business. I'm hoping that by a year from now, Jeff will be able to quit his job and we can just do our thing. I know that's probably crazy, but you have to dream big if you're going to dream at all. He's got vacation next month, so I want to spend it making plans and getting things started more aggressively.

Here's Sarah's first driving lesson! Love that face!
See you next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment