Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Day 22

I'm falling asleep on my feet. I'm not sure when I've had a more ridiculous day. First thing this morning, I took the car to the shop to see if they could fix it. I really didn't want to go and I was sure it was going to cost a fortune or they wouldn't figure out what was wrong. But they did! We have air conditioning! That means we can take it on our trip and not have to rent a van. What a relief.

Next thing that happened was Bubby cat went outside his litter box. We've had him almost 2 years, and that has never happened. Well, we can't just go off on a huge trip and leave him like that, so we took him to the vet (as soon as we picked up our car). He didn't seem sick, so they didn't test his urine; but he was acting strange around a blanket the other day and that's where he went today. So I double washed it, and got rid of any smell so he won't do it again. My dad and brother are taking care of him while we're gone, so they're just going to have to come over every day for a few days to make sure he's ok. I think he'll be fine. The vet said it could be stress, which I totally believe!

Then I tried to buy my special flour that I'm not allergic to, but they didn't have it today. That's never happened before. They said it was coming in on a shipment in a few hours, so I called. No. They said to check back at 5:00. No. So I had to order it online and have it shipped to my son we're going to visit. Here's a video from a youtube channel I have with my sister showing recipes using alternative ingredients to deal with allergies or health problems.




Then I realized that when I bought some mineral supplements the other day, they gave me the wrong ones. I hope I'll have enough to last for the whole trip.

We didn't get all our food cooked, and I don't see how we could possibly leave when we're planning on it. We think we're going to burst if we're delayed by a day. We need as many days visiting as possible! Rachel was being cheerful and trying to push us through, but the rest of us were so tired. We sat down and after a while I was falling asleep. Which brings me to right now.

Of course we never planned to have any school today, but we can always learn from problems. In a few weeks, we'll be able to have normal days again--I hope.

See you tomorrow!



2 comments:

  1. Glad the air-con is sorted.Hopefully you'll have such a great trip that the stress of the preparations will be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so. We've been nice and cool so far anyway!

    ReplyDelete