Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Day 24

That baby is unbelievably cute! We've been here at Wilson's about 2 days, and I still can't believe I'm a grandma. I had thought it would become more real when I got here. So far we've just been hanging around holding Eliza, which suits me.

I think I'll just stay here. Oh my goodness, that was a long drive. There are some states in our country that just never end. Like Nebraska. It's amazing to look at, but it does go on. We stopped writing down interesting things to look up. It was all just hills, and what looks like tumbleweed. Or what might be tumbleweed when it dies. Oh, and cows. We did see one person tending his cows, but he was very far away. Did I mention you can see forever! Nothing's going to stop you.

I'm limited on pictures and actually on blogging, because Wilson's internet won't let me use my own computer. So I'm using his. It's identical to mine, so I'm not sure why it's so much of a pain. But it is. I guess it's because my computer knows all my stuff; his just knows his stuff.

As far as learning goes for today, the kids have learned to hold a baby while standing, change dirty diapers, put together a crib, what a college campus, lecture hall and library look like, and how Wilson works. He teaches English to Chinese kids online through video conference at 3:00am. We can hear him, but we're dying to see the kids while he teaches them. Sounds like he does a great job.

I'll try to get myself more organized for blogging tomorrow. I miss it!

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment