Monday, August 22, 2016

Day 28

Oh, we just miss Wilson and Kamille, and holding that little Eliza! We did not have school today. We just rested a bit more, and cleaned up a little after being gone. Jeff went to the grocery. That was almost an emergency after the trip. I got up before church yesterday and started to make banana bread for breakfast, but we didn't have any eggs. I was pretty sad.

We haven't started looking up things we wrote down on the drive yet. We'll have to do that little by little over the next couple weeks. We wondered if Dr. Suess lived out west because of some of the illustrations he put in his books. The bluffs in Nebraska, and the quail (I'm not positive it was a quail) with the silly, tall tuft on his head made us think of him.

While we were at Wilson's, Kamille read Rachel's book and did a little editing with her. Then Kamille started getting ideas for writing her own book.  She even got started while we were there. I'm writing a couple books right now too, and I'm planning on self publishing. So I'm excited about the girls writing books. I'll have to create a line of family fiction in my publishing company (which I hear you have to create to self publish). Kamille wouldn't tell us what it was about or any of her ideas. I guess that runs in the family, even if she's not genetically related to us. Just now, Rachel came up and sat beside me; and I said, "Don't read it while I'm typing." I always say that. I never want anyone to read anything I'm writing until I finish it, or fix it. We're all that way. Maybe other writers are too.

Today was the first day we didn't talk to Wilson or Kamille in almost 3 weeks! I didn't like it. Wilson starts classes tomorrow. I hope he gets some sleep tonight. Eliza keeps them awake sometimes, and then he gets up before 3:00am for work. At least he works at home and can go back to bed for a while afterward. School for us tomorrow too! I hope we can get our brains together for it. It feels like we've never done any school all our lives. Jeff has to go back to work too. I never want him to start working again after a vacation. He's so nice to have around.

I would say that life is going to settle down, but I guess Sam's colon surgery will be soon. That's why I wanted to start this blog. So we can talk about the reality that homeschool is at home, where people live their lives. Part of life is deliberate, methodical learning and part of it is having things happen that make it impossible to have deliberate, methodical learning. In fact, I would say that something has to happen in order to have real learning, so let's let it happen!

See you tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment