Thursday, August 18, 2016

Day 26

Well, a few things have happened. Sam had to have his colon untwisted laporascopically. Is that spelled right? I'm typing on Jeff's work iPad in the car. I really hate it. He's got limited 4G, so I just have a few minutes. Anyway, Sam is healing well, and we didn't have to delay our trip home. It could happen again at any time though, so I am a little nervous about traveling so far in the middle of nowhere for so many hours.

We're taking him to see the surgeon on Tuesday. I guess we'll really have to have that redundant part of his colon removed this time for sure. Apparently there's a whole lot of extra length, and it's still  impressively stretched out. I just can't have him or us worried about that all the time, and it is a safety risk walking around with that about to twist up at any time.

It was so hard to leave Wilson and Kamille and that sweet little bug, Eliza. We took a walk the other night and I wore her in the carrier. It was the sweetest thing. She's so cuddly. Now I don't know what I'm supposed to look at all day long. Right now I'm looking at Wyoming. And as beautiful as it is, it's not doing it for me. Besides that, it's raining; and it doesn't look as if it's going to stop any time soon. Like today.

I guess I'd better stop using Jeff's iPad. I'm hoping to be able to blog a bit more at hotels at night when we stop, but we've seen how well that plan works out on this trip.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment