Monday, February 13, 2017

Day 114

Sarah had a fun science experiment today, but I'm pretty sure we didn't totally figure out the math with it. She had to drop an object from the ceiling and use a stop watch to time it. She had to drop it ten times and find the average time it took to fall to the floor. She just used a ball; it took .5 or .6 seconds each time. So the average was .54 seconds. She was supposed to find the height of the ceiling just by having the time it took for the ball to fall. It's pretty cool, but we came up with half of what the height really was each time. The math isn't that complicated, and I usually understand it pretty well. So I'm not sure what to do about it. We even found a youtube video explaining it, and that guy did it in a way that would have come out right with our calculations. Usually our science book is right, but I guess I'm not sure about it this time.

Rachel has been looking at international real estate for at least a couple years now. She says if you study real estate in a country, you can learn a lot about the place. Anyway, we realized how much more US money is worth in some places sometimes, so we thought it would be fun to buy a small piece of land in Peru or somewhere and donate it to our church there for a garden. Our church has congregations all over the world, and Kamille's parents know someone that's in Lima for a few years; so we thought we'd get them to help us find and buy the land. We even thought it would be fun to have a fund raiser for it by selling personal pizzas to people we know at church. I hope we can get it all organized soon.

Well, we have another delay on our house closing. I really think it might not happen. I guess the buyers messed around with the money in their bank account--taking it out and putting some in--while the bank was checking on their balance to be sure they had a certain amount in there or something. So now, we have to wait for a few more weeks so the bank can check again and again. I can't believe I have to trust them to be able to leave it alone and have it approved. The realtor said she told them, but maybe they didn't understand. We told her we're not sure we're going to extend the time again for them to get it done. It's been "pending" for a LONG time and we're feeling like we just need to have it available for people to start looking at again. Frustrating.

We decided to separate Sam and Sarah for the research report. Jeff said he thought they should each do their own. I told Sam I wanted him to pick something observable, but he doesn't want to do a science report. I think he would enjoy doing something about the way muscles work and studying his exercises as part of it. He loves exercising. He does all of it at night after everyone goes to bed. Wilson used to do that too. I'd find him doing push ups in the den at 11:00 at night. I thought that would keep him from falling asleep. Maybe it did; he used to fall asleep pretty late. I think Sam goes right to sleep though, so I guess it's ok.

See you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment