Friday, February 24, 2017

Day 120--Finally Friday

Jeff was off today, so he did some school with us. He usually interrupts us, but I love when he's here during school anyway. He's decided to read the encyclopedia with Sam and have him write about whatever they read. Sam doesn't complain about this like he does when he has to write other things. I need to have Jeff give him all his writing assignments. One of the things he wrote today was from the point of view of an alligator. It's cute.

"I like to lay here in my own personal puddle pretending to be asleep, but if anyone comes close enough I'll show them that I'm not. I've seen people looking at me and I know what they're thinking, but it's my puddle and I'm not going to share it."

Sam and Sarah are on lesson 21 in the Pre-Algebra book. There are only 30, and some of the topics are things we've done before; so we should be finished with it well before school's over. After we do, I'm just going to have us review the rest of the year and practice some foundational things and have them make sure they have certain things down more automatically, like negative number rules.

Rachel and I are almost half way through editing her book. I don't know if we can finish next week, but I'm going to try. She's totally excited! This is so different from editing my friend's book that was just published. I guess since she's my daughter and it's fiction, it's more like revising than editing. We've made some major changes. We took out the whole first chapter so it could start in the middle of what was going on instead of having any background that wasn't necessary. I don't think there are any more places we'll have to make major changes though, so I hope we can whip through it.

We made a new cover for it. We really just put a new picture on it and chose a new color. Here's the picture. We got it from Kamille. I like it better than the other one.

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment