Thursday, February 16, 2017

Day 116--Crazy Ideas

We worked on our little writing assignments today. It is going so slowly! I only want everyone to work on it a few minutes each time so they don't get too burnt out. Since it's a boring school-type assignment, they're complaining a little. We're writing about one of our favorite books, so I thought it wouldn't be so hard; but I'm even having trouble with it. Whatever I write sounds so boring! We'll see when they're finished. Sarah wants to change topics. I guess she's not over that disease yet. After this, the only writing we'll be doing for a while is their research projects.

We took a drive today to look at some commercial rental locations for a business idea that I have. Jeff's job is getting to us, so I have this idea to start a "Homeschool Place" where we can help homeschoolers. I thought we could sell books and curriculum, have a lending library, have group activities and discussions, book clubs, parent support groups, and writing workshops. We didn't like most of the buildings. One was very nice though. It was, strangely enough, located in the parking lot of the public high school. It looks like it's owned by the school, but it isn't. I'm not sure I quite understand the arrangement, but it would be a great place.

Jeff would rather sell pizza, but I just can't do that. He has to keep working while we get something started, and I have to be able to do it. I love pizza. Everyone loves my pizza. But I think it would drive me crazy with all the regulations regarding food. Although my sister could totally do it, and she's needing a different job too. She knows all the rules; she used to manage school cafeterias. It's just that I still need to homeschool another 4 1/2 years and I can't do that making pizza like I could at a place where people are there to homeschool.

Also, I'd love to get MyWritingCheck.com going better than it is so far. It's a great service, but I need to figure out how to get the word out better. If I wanted to spend advertising money, I wouldn't know where to do it. I do plan to advertise in the Homelife Academy yearbook this year. I'm pretty excited about that. I was working on the ad today, but my brain is a little tired. The kids said it sounded like I was tired when they read it. That's pretty bad. It's boring. I'll have to get more sleep and rewrite it.

We're having trouble finding a piece of property right in Lima, Peru for our garden project (see day 114). It's total city. We found a couple places outside of Cuzco, but that's nowhere near where these people are that we need to get to help us. We have their email address and Rachel's thinking about what to say to them. We met them at Wilson and Kamille's wedding reception, and they said they were going to go to Lima. We talked about how much Rachel loves studying Peru and they offered to have her come visit them there! It was very sweet, so I think they'll remember us even after 2 years. I hope anyway.

See you tomorrow!






No comments:

Post a Comment