Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Day 100--Not Really

Well, my post is called Day 100, but I actually have missed posting on some school days. I'm not sure when we hit 100; I don't really care. I don't keep track of the number of school days very well, because it just doesn't matter to me. We used to keep track, but it drove me crazy. And there's no way we ever do fewer days than we have to. Actually our state requires hours, not days. And we hit that number so far before the end of the school year that it's not worth counting. But I'm excited I made it to 100 with this blog. That's totally fun!

The other day I listened to Julie Bogart and Rita Cevasco on Brave Writer's Facebook live. I'm just dying to get Rita's book, Trees in the Forest. So I downloaded the "Cartooning Characters" activity guide from it at the Brave Writer blog. We did the first 2 days' activities today, and it was so much fun. Here are Sarah's, mine and Rachel's. Sam had his clipped face down on his clipboard, so I didn't want to share a photo of it without his permission.

We had to draw a character from a book or movie and really think about that person and what they were like. It was kind of hard, but pretty satisfying too. I suggested that we all pick characters from the old Dick Van Dyke Show, so the girls both picked Laura Petrie and I chose Millie. Sam chose a Lego character--Master Wu. His picture was phenomenal. He loves to draw Lego characters, so he gets a lot of practice. Can't wait to continue this tomorrow.

   


This activity sparked a little bit of a Dick Van Dyke marathon today. Just a little--maybe 3 episodes. We were tired and grumpy today, so a little comedy helped. I think it was because of the weather. We are SO affected by it. It was gray all day!

I've got MyWritingCheck.com pretty much fixed so it'll be easier for people to pay for our service, and I tried it myself today. There's some little glitch that has to be ironed out about the email on the account, but it's getting there. I think I might start doing videos for the site too. Things like showing my thought process as I do a critique or reading my blog posts and talking about them a little bit. It could be fun, as long as I don't have to do them live. That makes me so nervous and I can't think.

See you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment