Monday, January 16, 2017

Day 103--The House is Ready

Well, we finally finished all the required "repairs" of things that weren't broken so the buyer could get a loan. Now I think it's going to take a couple weeks to actually have the paperwork finished so we can close. I wonder why things like that take so long. At least our part is done. Now if we can just get the inspector to agree when he goes back.

We were having math before lunch today because we knew we'd have to go over to the house and meet a plumber to replace some perfectly good pipes, and I was cooking lunch. But I didn't get it going in time; so when the plumber called to say he was on the way, we had to run out all of the sudden. We were all going because we were going to paint while we were there. So I had to dump the not-quite-finished split pea soup into the crock pot and take a bag of nuts and a couple apples as well as school books.

On the way, we thought maybe we don't really have to paint the bathroom. The tub was replaced and they put new wall board up because of that, but does that mean we have to paint it again? I asked the realtor because the contract says that we have to maintain the house in its present condition, so that could actually mean the bathroom should be painted because it was painted when they saw it and offered to buy it. The realtor said she didn't think so, but I'm not so sure. We didn't paint it though.

Thankfully we were only there an hour, and when we got home the pea soup was done, and after we ate, we did some more math and Sarah took a science test. They had done some reading while they were at the house. Then the girls worked on a slide show they're doing for Wilson and Kamille's second anniversary tomorrow, and we played charades. We had to laugh when Jeff picked "pilot"--since he is one. He pretended to take off and then pointed to himself.  You had to be there.

I don't remember if I mentioned making the video where I show the process of critiquing papers for my website. I'm pretty happy with how it came out, except it's a little dark behind the computer as I'm showing the screen. I published it, but I may go back and redo it some time to get rid of that. Here it is. You can tell me what you think.

See you tomorrow!








No comments:

Post a Comment