Monday, January 30, 2017

Day 107--House Closing Postponed

Here's a dose of reality: houses don't usually close the first time you schedule them. Or the second. Our buyer wanted to close Jan 6th originally, and we still don't know when it will happen. It was supposed to be today, but the lender was missing some information or something. Hopefully it will be in the next week or two. Always learning from life.

Jeff took Sam and Sarah out today since it was a little sunny finally. They went for a bike ride and played whiffle ball in some park I've never seen. Apparently it's only a few blocks away, but I guess I've missed it the whole year we've lived here. I'll have to have them take me there when it's not cold any more. Being outside is so good for their mood. Rachel never wants to go when it's cold though, like me. But she's the one that really needs the sun on her. I've been thinking of getting one of those happy lights.

I can hear Rachel reading to Sam and Sarah down the hall, but I can't tell what she's reading. I guess she reads them books she's writing sometimes, and I never get to hear them. She usually doesn't want anyone reading them until they're finished, but I'm glad she decided to read some to them--even if I want to hear too! She's writing a sequel to Becoming Sencra's Queen and another one that's set in another time, but I can't remember what. The Civil War maybe. I finished my huge writing project today, so now I can concentrate on finishing the editing and get going with publishing. We are way too excited to get that books in our hands!

We read the first principle from The 5000 Year Leap today, but I think that's another one of those books that might be better understood if they read it to themselves. I'm finding that the books they need to read in high school are too much to listen to, but I don't have multiple copies of anything, so I read aloud. It didn't work with The Making of America either. I guess it's a non-fiction/history/government thing. Everything else is fun to read together. I want everyone to like to read aloud as a family even when people are adults. We love it! I like to do the reading though. I have a hard time listening.

See you tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment