Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Day 154--My Kids Are SO Cool!

Ok, so I opened up Facebook tonight and found this!


Then after all my thank you's, someone else said they bought it and told her librarian about it who is going to introduce it to the teen writing group! And that she can't wait for the sequel--which is coming! It was very fun to have someone outside our family saying how great Rachel's book is. I loved seeing her face when she read this!

Here's a fabulous new picture of Wilson, Kamille and Eliza. So sweet. It's getting harder to be away from them. Oh how I hope they come to graduate school on our half of the country.


Sarah did an activity to learn how to use the microscope today with her Biology book. She was supposed to get some of her cheek cells on a slide and find them on each magnification. We had to try three times to actually get cells. I love how she keeps trying when things don't work out the first time. I just realized that! Sometimes I have the feeling that she gives up or gets upset easily when things don't work, but I think I've been wrong about that. I'll need to apologize to her for that!

Sam and Jeff measured the kitchen table in "cubits" and "fingers" (according to Sam's arm).

   

He had some huge number of fingers (the distance from your first knuckle to the end of your index finger) like 26 in the cubit (the distance from your elbow to the tip of your fingers). That's crazy. I bet mine's not even 20. He's got such long arms!

I have to say I'm so excited to write my homeschool book and set up a forum or Facebook page for people to talk about homeschooling. I would love to be able to let homeschool moms talk about whatever they need to in order to get and give support to each other. I know groups need rules, but it's exhausting to me to be in this certain group online that has so many restrictions. Maybe that's why I blog about homeschool. I can just talk about my experience and it's all good. Or at least it's all ok with you. Thank you for that!

See you next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment