Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Day 159

We just did not feel like having school today. I don't like that feeling; it means I'm too tired. Jeff's been getting home from work at 3 am all month, and we are so ready for that to stop. He's got vacation for 2 weeks in August, so hopefully we can all catch up on sleep. We keep staying up late no matter how much we know we shouldn't.

So we did about 5 minutes of math today, a tiny bit of science, and I read Frankenstein aloud. Oh, and we played tennis. It was hot, though, and my arm felt like a limp noodle. Sarah and I pretty much stood off to the side in the shade, while the rest of them played. I can't wait until fall. I don't like summer too much. I've never really thought about that before, but I'd rather stay in the air conditioning all summer. And I generally do. Fall is my favorite. Spring's good too. Not winter though. I don't like being cold, or hot. Wow am I picky! I don't think I cared when I was young, but those days are gone.

I finished helping someone edit their book for self-publication tonight. I don't know if I mentioned that I was doing that. It's not easy to edit a book that is a little bit outside of what I would normally read. This is the first time I've done that. It was an experience. I guess the editing wasn't harder, just being excited to read the story as a reader. Plus I didn't have time to read it twice. I like to read through as a reader first and then go back and do the editing. Well, that may be a lie. I do like to make suggestions as I'm having my first impression too.

I think I'm going to have Sam take the Brave Writer class, Comic Strip Capers this fall. It would be perfect for him. He would hate taking a regular writing class. I think comic strips are similar to stop action videos, so he ought to be interested enough. And his drawing is amazing. Also, I'd like to have him accountable to another teacher for something. It's good for them. They can get another person's opinion, and not just think I'm always saying they're great because I'm Mom. Even if it is true.

See you next time!



2 comments:

  1. Comic Strip Capers sounds awesome! I could see Sam making a whole Ninjago comic book... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! When I asked him about it, he got a sounds-fun-but-I-don't-want-to-admit-I'd-like-to-take-a-WRITING-class smile.

      Delete