Friday, July 14, 2017

Day 155

This week has been so long! I have had a headache all week, and it's been hard to do much. Yesterday, Rachel taught Algebra. I'm not sure how it went, but they didn't finish the assignment. I didn't have any energy to help them with it today, so it'll have to wait. Maybe we should actually do it tomorrow. We never do school on Saturday. Not anything that feels like school anyway. But you know--life is school.

Jeff's been working a pretty late shift this week, and we've all been going to bed later and later. Of course, I never want go to bed at all when I have a headache since it feels better at night than any other time. It's been raining all week too, which drains my energy. Well, I guess next week can be a do over. I need that too often. Especially when school starts each year--seems like I get a headache within the first two weeks. But I guess it would seem that way since I don't go much longer than that without one anyway.

We started reading Frankenstein. I've never read it, but the back of the book talks like it's a terrifying horror story. That's hard to imagine since books like that take an inordinate amount of time describing anything. It's hard to be that scared when it's that slow.

Rachel's been looking into participating in a Civil War Reenactment next month. It sounds like fun, but I don't know if she can because it's at least a few hours from here and we don't know Jeff's schedule yet. They said we could sleep in a "period tent" the night before. That's really nice of them, but I haven't slept in a tent for over 30 years! It's not exactly my thing. I think we could just stay in a hotel. They have a dress for her to wear and everything. She was actually looking for a play she could audition for and found this.

All the plays are either on Sunday or they have swearing in them or they're for homeschooled kids that are actually still homeschooled. I told her she just needs to start a theater group herself and she can decide all that stuff. We met the perfect lady to help her with it last month. She directed a little skit thing at the Youth Conference the kids went to. She wrote it (including songs), auditioned kids, and directed it. And it was so good too! Rachel's wanted to do that since she was like 7 years old. Maybe now's the time.

See you next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment