Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Day 7

We finished Tuck Everlasting today. We could NOT believe the ending. We had no idea! (If you don't want the end spoiled, skip this paragraph) Rachel, appalled said, "That book was completely pointless! A girl met some people and then she died." After I had a minute to think about it I said, "It wasn't pointless. She saved the world!" Then Sarah added, "and a toad." We did like the book. I'd read it again, but no matter how much you like a book there's nothing like reading it for the first time. I love not knowing what's going to happen. That's a lie. I can't stand not knowing; that's why I can't stop reading!

After lunch, we put together the rest of the chairs for our table. Yay for chairs!

Rachel and Sarah finished revising Rachel's book today. Now it's my turn to go through and edit. They are totally excited. They started at the beginning, reading it aloud to each other the minute they got finished. Apparently, I'm not the only one in the family that loves editing. Did I tell you about the website my son and I have that offers writing critiques for when you're not sure how your kids are really doing in their writing or you want someone else to tell you what they think? Here's a little intro video about it. You can go to MyWritingCheck.com to find out more. Also, I'm doing a blog of writing tips and help for teaching writing in your homeschool here. MyWritingCheck.blogspot.com.

I won't be able to edit Rachel's book until next week though, because I'm going to a homeschool retreat this week!!! It starts tomorrow after school and goes all day Thursday and until dinner time Friday. I am so excited! It's a Brave Writer retreat. Julie Bogart, the owner of Brave Writer is unbelievably amazing! You can check out BraveWriter.com if you want to see the best way to teach writing in your homeschool. Then you can send compositions to me for critiquing  ;)

Jeff's going to be handling school Thursday and Friday. I don't know who will write the blog, but we'll make sure someone does. Rachel said she might want to do it. I don't think Jeff will, though. He's not too excited about his writing ability. I love when he does school. When Wilson was seven, he had chicken pox and I had never had them. The doctor told me to get out of the house in case there would be a chance I might not get them (I was 20 weeks pregnant). So I took the two year old and went to my parents for a week. Jeff and Wilson (who didn't feel sick) got school done by lunch each day and went to play in the park or whatever. Very efficient. I can't do it that way. Oh by the way, I got the chicken pox. It's still the very worst thing that has every happened to me.

See you tomorrow--or someone will!



No comments:

Post a Comment