Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Day 8

Hey everybody! This is Rachel. I get to write this for Mom today. She is enjoying the first evening of her homeschool retreat. She has been looking forward to this for weeks! She was so excited while she was getting ready to go today. We are all really excited for her too. We think that she will have so much fun talking with other homeschool moms. We don't often get to talk to other homeschoolers, so I think that she will like talking to some other people who understand more about what she does everyday.

Here is a picture we took for Mom.
We are pretending to eat her snacks
for tomorrow!
Of course, when I say we are excited, I cannot leave out that we will be missing her for the next couple of days. When she makes up her mind to be, she is a tornado. She can get so much done, really well, and really quickly! She doesn't usually think so, but she is a "super mom!"

So, for the next two days Dad is going to be our teacher. He always likes to say that he will be our "school master" and make us sit at the table all day. That's pretty funny, because, when he does school with us, we hardly ever get to sit down. He is pretty much a tornado too. He gets things done, and he gets them done fast.

He loves to take us to the park down the road to play basket ball. For the past several months he has been trying to teach us some of the rules of it. I think that we have gotten a lot better, but, for us, I'm afraid that does not mean very much.

While Mom has been gone, we have spent most of the time reading a book aloud to each other. We have also made muffins for breakfast tomorrow, washed dishes, and made and ate cherry ice cream. It may be quiet when Mom leaves the house, but we still eat well!

Right now Sam and Sarah are cleaning the kitchen some more, and I am getting a few minutes off to write this. They are doing such a great job, I hate to stop writing and go interrupt their progress. I suppose I should go help, though.

Have a great day, and I'll see you again tomorrow!

Here is a short video of us playing basketball, and hanging out at the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment