Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Day 37

And more painting! We went today to put a second coat on the trim and cut the grass. As soon as we got there, some realtors and a man looking at the house pulled up. They were there a long time, and they asked a couple questions. And then tonight, our realtor called and said we're going to get an offer in the morning from someone she showed the house to this weekend. After all these months! I hope it actually happens. We really need to stop having to go over there all the time to cut grass and scrub toilets!

We also had the carpet guy come back and show us samples. They were ugly. It's cheap carpet, and they say that on their website; but really, I don't think I can put carpet in that's THAT bad. Maybe this lady that's making an offer tomorrow won't want carpet.

I told the kids first thing this morning that we're all adults (some cultures consider 13 yr olds adults right?) and we can go work on the house and then come back and have school for a few hours. It was a total lie. I meant it when I said it, but we didn't do it. School all day tomorrow though, except the time I'll have to spend talking to the realtor, talking to Jeff, deciding about the offer, taking Sam to see the surgeon for his colon, cleaning the unreasonably messy kitchen, etc. I just hope we can stay home all day Friday and let everyone forget we exist.

I'm so excited! A lady at church started homeschooling this year. Well, she's trying to get a charter school set up and they're being a pain. I told her she would hate it and invited her to come over and look at my stuff, because I know she'd prefer to do it on her own. I love telling people what we've done for school and what works for us. She's coming next week. I should make some notes. I don't want her to get overwhelmed and not remember anything she looks at. I have so many things I want to say when I'm talking about homeschool. I guess it's good that I'm writing a book about it then!


Here's another cute baby picture of Eliza from our trip.

See you tomorrow!





3 comments:

  1. Eliza's adorable. An acquaintance of mine is about to start homeschooling and I'm really struggling with how much advice to give her. I want to help but I don't want to overwhelm her. And I'm pretty sure that what I've used won't work for her and her son. Right now I've settled for some general advice and pointed her to some places that have a range of curriculum. I've also said that if she has specific curriculum requests eg if she wants to review maths facts and thinks an online approach would be best then I can probably offer a few suggestions. Hoping it works out for them since I know school has been miserable for him for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to know what to say. Sometimes I want to say so much to someone about homeschooling, it stops me from saying anything. I've found that most people can't see what you can see after years anyway. We all had to have our own experiences, and probably wouldn't have taken much advice. It's a process. It sounds like you're giving her good support.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete