Friday, September 23, 2016

Day 48--Decisions, decisions

When I woke up this morning, I wasn't sure we should sell the house! I couldn't believe it. We had this whole big family discussion about it. It was not happy. In the end, we decided to go ahead. Nobody wants to move back to that very tiny house. It was a relief to accept the offer. I just don't know if it will go through. Cross your fingers.

We went over there today to meet the carpet guy in case we end up having to fix the floor. We were also going to clean off the paint so it would look better, but the cleaner stuff was a pain. I'm sure the guy saw it with the floor splotched up. I don't know exactly when he looked at it, but it must have been in the last 2 or 3 weeks since we've been painting and making a mess on the floor. He didn't ask for a floor allowance or anything. But we still picked a carpet and got a quote that's good for 30 days in case we need to use it. It was hard to pick a color; we never have much luck with picking colors.

Jeff and I went out with some other couples tonight, and the kids stayed home and practiced for a video audition Rachel's going to do. Our church does videos about different things, and they have people send in audition videos so they can have actors from all over. It's all the way across the country and I don't think she could go do it if she got the part, but it's a good experience for her to do the audition. She's done a few before and it's fun.

That's seriously all we did today (besides a short stop at the grocery), so why did it take all day? Well, I guess we cut the grass at the old house too. It seemed like we were rushing around all day. Maybe that's also because we had trouble emailing the forms to the realtor. She kept not getting them all even though they were all right there. That was a little annoying. I never can figure out how other people get so much done. Maybe they don't do as much as I think they do. And maybe other people think I do way more than I actually do. But my list is always longer than my day!

See you next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment