Friday, September 16, 2016

Day 43--It doesn't always look like school

Since I was pretty much falling asleep on the couch all morning, and we spent the afternoon getting Sam ready for a campout, I thought I'd list some of the things we've done since we started school in July, that don't always look like school. Was that a run-on sentence? I say no.

road trip across the country
the kids taking care of the baby
Sam making a stop action Lego video
Rachel writing a book
Rachel and Sarah editing the book
making a book cover
putting a dining room table and chairs together
Sarah learning to play piano
making the MyWritingCheck.com introductory video
the kids writing my blog post while I was at the Brave Writer retreat
trying to prepare for the election
registering Rachel to vote
painting the living room
having a car accident
line dancing
entering a photo challenge
learning how to use the new camera
playing with cousins we only see every year or two
family history research
studying google maps
making plans to travel the world and write books about it
Sam's colon twisting
Sam going camping for the first time without Dad

Ok, I'm stopping there. If you've been reading my blog, you've read about most or all of these things. I just thought it would be fun to see a list so I wouldn't feel like we never do school. We've  done plenty of things that are more easily recognized as school, but so many things happen like those on the list, that you can start wondering if there's any learning going on at all. What I've found out is that they learn all the time; I can't stop them. So I have to appreciate all kinds of learning opportunities.

See you next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment