Thursday, October 6, 2016

Day 54--Playing Games and Watching Shows

We didn't have school today. We just didn't do it. It was Rachel's 18th birthday today, so we got a lot of phone calls from family members. We watched videos of Eliza that Kamille put on youtube. We watched a few "When Calls the Heart" episodes, and the kids played a spy game they made up. I talked to the surgeon's office about some of the pre-surgery instructions I got for Sam. We need to watch the pre-surgery tour online I guess. I'm not sure he wants to, but it's probably good. I cooked a bunch of meat to make broth for this weekend. Sam has to start eating clear liquids at noon Saturday. His surgery isn't even until Tuesday! He's go to have his colon cleaned out too. He doesn't say much, but I'm sure he's not looking forward to that. He is convinced he'll starve to death eating clear liquids for 3 days.

Tonight I went to a presentation at church on being mentally healthy. Some ladies from the moms' support group were there, and we were talking afterward about husbands and cleaning the house. Someone said something about having the laundry on the bed until it just gets put back in the basket. I had to laugh, because that's what we do every day. I don't know why we just don't fold it. We dump it on my bed and look for something to wear. Then at night, we have to take it all off the bed and put it back in the baskets. And in the morning, someone usually comes into my room looking for something to wear before I'm out of bed, so they have to rummage through all the baskets. It's ridiculous, really. But it's so good to know we aren't the only ones that do that.

The presentation was excellent. I came away with a list of things to do to pick myself up. I think I'll choose a few to start out and see how I feel. I definitely need to get outside more. And eat better. I don't eat any refined sugar or corn syrup and several other things, but I need to eat more fruit and vegetables. We have a good amount of them, but I think I could personally do better and have more energy. Also, I should go to sleep earlier at night. I'm not sure I'm ready to work on this one yet, though. I'll probably also try to do better about taking my fish oil. I can tell a difference when I take it regularly. Those things should be fairly easy to start, and I think they should help.

See you tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment