Friday, October 7, 2016

Day 55--Getting ready to get ready for surgery

Today we had to go get a few things for Sam's "clean out" this weekend. He needed more juice because I had some red juices that I can't give him after all. We had to get prescriptions for things that would clear out his colon from the top and bottom. I asked him what he wants for breakfast tomorrow before he goes on clear liquids, and he said he wants grilled cheese with roast beef and sautéed green beans. I think I would have said I wanted pancakes with warm peaches, scrambled eggs, and hash browns in tiny cubes. Although, if I wasn't going to have another solid meal for almost a week, I might pick something more like a dinner.

We also got unflavored gelatin to make with juice and cheesecloth to strain the broth I'm making from roasted chicken bones tomorrow. I've never used cheesecloth. I hope that works out. Usually when I make chicken broth, I just use the strainer; but the holes are kind of big. I want to make sure to do everything right. They said no "particulates" in his broth.

Yesterday, Sam emailed the Lego company and asked a few questions about how they make stop action videos. He's dying to make his videos more smooth and give them some effects. They emailed him back with some suggested places to look for tutorials and software to make his videos better. It was so cool! I noticed that all the words in the email he sent are spelled correctly. That isn't always the case when he's writing. I wonder if he can tell easier when it's typed because he's so used to reading printed books, or maybe he's just more careful in an email. In the past, I've typed out their writing just as I see it so they can look at it as if it's a printed book. Sometimes it's easier for them to pick out errors that way. I haven't done that in a while; I should do it for him again.

There was a lot of book reading and badminton playing today between all the running around. And Sarah was texting and emailing Wilson and Kamille several times today--writing. Rachel's thinking about entering her book in a contest for young writers that are going to self publish a book. She hasn't decided whether to enter or just go ahead with our plans to self publish. The girls also watched a lesson from The Great Courses on acting. It was all about using dialects and accents. The teacher is so amazing. They're learning a lot from it.

I don't know how blogging will go next week with the surgery--I'll try!

See you then!



2 comments:

  1. I hope the surgery goes well.I found it nerve wracking waiting for my daughter to come out of the operating room and hers was minor (repair of broken bones and then later surgery to remove wires holding the bones together).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for wishing us well. It's been a long day today working on cleaning him out! I remember from your daughter's essay that she broke a couple bones in her arm.

    ReplyDelete