Friday, October 14, 2016

Day 58--Sam's home!

Sam got to come home today! He was here before lunch! He is extremely happy to be eating and creating with legos again. He's sitting on the floor in his usual lego position, but I think it hurts to sit that way. I cleared off a desk and gave him the office chair so he could have it at a height that wouldn't require slouching over onto his incisions. Some friends brought him a new lego set and he got right to work on it at the desk.

They gave him a stethoscope at the hospital and we've been having fun with that. It's a cheap one, but it's real. The kids have listened to everyone's hearts and stomachs. Apparently my heart sounds different than everyone else's. I do have mitral valve prolapse, but I wasn't expecting the kids to be able to detect that. They did say Jeff's sounds the same strange way mine does, though. The doctor told him recently that he has something different about his too. I just can't remember what it was. And it seems that Rachel's goes boom-boom-boom instead of ba-boom-ba-boom-ba-boom like other people's.

Now the stomachs, they make a lot of noise. At some places, it sounds like boulders scraping together, and at other places it sounds like air gurgling. I guess we want Sam's to be making plenty of noise, so we're sure it's working! When we've had him at the hospital before with his twisted colon, they didn't like it because his belly wasn't making any noise. No silent bellies around here!

This week was hard, but it didn't take the toll on us that I thought it might. So back to school Monday. I'm so excited! Maybe then we can actually get "back to normal" around here. We keep saying that after this or that is over, we'll get back to normal. It's pretty funny, because we never have. No matter what was over. I guess that is normal for us. I wonder, do other homeschool families actually have times when they just go along "normally" and have school all the time? What about you? Let me know!

See you next week--when we're back to normal--ha!






No comments:

Post a Comment