Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Day 56--Sam's Surgery

Sam's surgery was today. It went great. Rachel, Sarah and I went to the hospital yesterday; and of course, I got a headache. By last night, I was in extreme pain. Still am. But I thought I'd post something brief, since I know some of you are wondering how the surgery was.

Jeff said they took out what looked like almost 2 feet of colon! Isn't that crazy? The doctor said there's plenty left. I can't imagine how the length of his colon got so out of hand. I can understand the fact that it's all stretched out, but that length! They were able to do it mostly laporoscopically, so the recovery should be better and shorter. He may even be able to start eating clear liquids tomorrow!

Of course I had a hard time because of not being able to go today. I've been cranky and sad and in pain. I haven't had a full blown headache for at least a few weeks, but I guess the tension of this week was too much. I've been using a peppermint and lavender oil mix on my head when it starts to hurt. I discovered (on the night the drunk driver hit us) that it works better than just peppermint. Not today though. So I think I'd better quit for now. By the way, no school so far this week.

See you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment