Friday, October 28, 2016

Day 66--House Contract Fell Through

Well, we got word today that the man that was buying our house doesn't want it any more. I wonder if he wanted out before, or if the bogus inspection actually changed his mind. I wish they would let you talk to each other. This does mean that I can get my oven out of the house before it sells though. I'm totally excited about that. We were not a bit surprised when we heard. I guess we'll have to put carpet down too. Or refinish the floor--more money.

The weather was perfect today, so we took a walk around the neighborhood. Sam and Sarah have been wanting a bike ride, so they rode while Rachel and I walked. They were cute riding circles around us so they could stay with us. They kept weaving in and out going on the road then up a driveway onto the sidewalk right in front of us as we were getting ready to cross it. They thought they were so funny. We just love October weather.

More Black Horses for the King. Sarah keeps asking why I like that book. I have no answer. I just want to know what happens. That means it's good right? After we finish it, we're going to blast through Anne of Green Gables. Of course, that might make us want to read all the books again.

Sam did some research today on the Lego Ideas website. I guess you can build something and post it there; and if you get enough people to like it, they might eventually make an actual Lego set out of it. He's totally excited to come up with something new. I guess some people would say that's not school, but that's extremely educational. He's learning plenty by doing that. He told me yesterday that he gets ideas of things to build from playing the little games on the Lego website. School all the time.

Rachel started her application for college today. It's going to be quite a process. Some of the essay questions have her doing some serious thinking. It's going to be good for her. I can't wait to read some of her answers.

See you next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment